Friday, January 22, 2010

Kids Against Hunger



During your time at school, you will participate in many community service projects. One hope of our school is that this will encourage you to continue serving our community throughout your life. One of our classmates did just that a couple of weeks ago. Here is the link to the news story and video showing Blake packing boxes of food to send to children in Haiti.

Blake's effort inspired me to call Kids Against Hunger, and we will be going there as a class to volunteer in February! All of the food we box will be sent to kids in Haiti.

This week, I would like for you to leave a comment answering at least two of the following questions. Please use complete sentences, proper capitalization and punctuation.

1. What community service have you done outside of what we do at school?
2. What other community service ideas do you have for our class?
3. Why is community service important?

I will have more information about our community service project in the class newsletter. I hope you have a great weekend!

Mrs. Garrett

11 comments:

  1. Community service is good because it helps the community.An idea that we could do as a class is raise money to help homeless people.


    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am answering questions 2 and 3. I don't really have many ideas. I think c.s. is important because it helps people in need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've picked up litter. Community service is important because we need to help other people and our planet.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually send a garbage bag (becuase I couldn't think of anything else to put it in) full of stuff to an orphanage in Argentina each year. I don't have any ideas. It is important because how would poor people get by with us just ignoring them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have collected money at my birthday for an orgnazation called St. Judes, and they help fight cancer. In third grade the Fifth grade wnet to the Ronald McDonald House, and that was fun. I would like to do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done bell ringing and worked at the ronald mcdoanld house.comunity sevice is import because we need to help others in hard times.
    Also we could make blankets for isables house.

    luke

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done the american red cross for kids aginst hunger and community service is important because you help clean the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am apart of a grope called a sporting chance.It heps people with disabelitys.I think that we should pick up litter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On my 9th birthday party I collected food and clothes for a charity.I would like to collect clothes from the school and the fourth and fith grade class go directly to a charity our selfs.

    EthanC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A community serves that I have don is piking up trash with my scout troop. A community serves that I think we could do is Kids Against Hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my family will sometimes donate money to charity. maybe everyone will help.

    ReplyDelete