Friday, January 15, 2010

How Do You Spell That?



Hello students!

As we have discussed in class, on January 27th we will have a spelling bee in our class. I do not want you to feel stressed or worried. This is just for fun and to practice what we have learned so far this year. Some of the words will be former spelling words and others will be from the practice lists I sent home yesterday. Your task for the week is to practice at this link. You should post by the end of the week and tell us what some of the trickier words were that you encountered. You are welcome to try at a harder grade level as long as you continue to spell most of the words correctly. If you find any other fun spelling games online, feel free to add the links to your post so we can try those too.

Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Garrett

22 comments:

  1. Cynicism and simultaneous are two of mine. Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. a couple words that i found were university and particapente
    luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble with liturature and optimistic.

    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that constent and hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tricky words for me were ocean and pear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought that some of these words wernt to hard and I tried 5th grade so I think I would be pretty sure I can get a high ranking on the spelling bee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun! I had trouble with the word garbage, but only because i forgot how to spell it, not because i didn't know how to spell it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The levels I did were not that much challenging but i need what ever I can get for the spelling-bee but the two words i had touble wth were before and sit I know those are easy word but just the littlest things can throw you off. Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found defantly and tempature (I think I spelled them right) really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A couple words that I found were university and particapente
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only word I had trouble with was "Eager".
    Gabbe

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was fun! I had trouble with the word garbage

    ReplyDelete
  14. temprature is spelled see before.
    It was really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I mispelled literature and optimistic.
    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think those words were to hard so I hope I do good in the spelling bee

    ReplyDelete
  17. i didnt have much trouble with the words
    claire w

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed attitude and I thought I did pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The two trickiest words I encoutered were: meticulous and piccolo.



    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought that constant and hopeless

    ReplyDelete