Friday, August 28, 2009

Author Study: Andrew Clements



Our first author study is Andrew Clements. We will be reading some of his books in class, but you will need to choose one to read at home. We will be reading No Talking, Frindle, and A Week In the Woods, and The Report Card in class. Please choose a book by Andrew Clements other than those, and one you have not read before. We have several of his books in class that you may borrow. You can also find all of those titles at the Springfield Public Library.

The books available in class are The School Story, The Last Holiday Concert, Lunch Money, and The Landry News.

You will then need to do some kind of project to share with the class about your book. We have discussed some ideas in class, and those include writing a song about the book and performing it for the class, write a newsletter with articles related to the book, dress up as your main character to tell us about your book, act out your favorite part of the book, or just about anything else you can think of that will be a way of sharing your book with the class. Keep in mind, all of this project will be completed at home, but you can bring your book to school to read during free choice reading time.

Follow these links for even more ideas:
Teachnet.com

Your assignment:
By next Friday (September 4th), I need you to post a comment telling me which book you are going to read and what your project will be. You don't have to include the details, but I would like for you to have a general idea of what you would like to do.

The actual projects are due September 30th. We will all share our projects with our classmates that day. I can't wait to see what creative ways you decide to share your reading with our class!

- Mrs. Garrett

13 comments:

  1. I think when the music teacher got hit in the head with the rubber band that it was kind of funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to do a newspaper with comics, and ad for the movie and a main artical, and I am going to read The School Story.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book I am reading is The Last Holiday Concert. I am going to do a shoe box diorama of a scene in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might do a timeline I'm reading room one

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i'm going to do a short video of the book the school story

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am going to do like the back cover of a book, with all the 'starred reviews' and stuff insead of what I was doing.
    I am reading The School Story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading The School Story. I will write a song about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading The School Story. I think I'm going to put a page on my website designed after the book.
    Gabbe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading Holiday Concert and I'm going to make a sculpture of one of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am reading lunch money and i think i am going to make a comic book for my report

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading lunch Money I'm going to dress up as the mane character

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lunch Money, Josh S.
    Lunch Money, find a song that relates to the book, Joshua
    Landry News, making a newspaper, Daniel

    ReplyDelete