Friday, December 11, 2009

Energy

This week's Discovery Center presentation taught us about energy. They have given us five different web activities to try and I would like for you to try at least three of them, and tell me what you learned and what you tried.

Energy Webquest - You hear on the news that there has been a power shortage in your state. The Governor is asking citizens to find better sources of energy. Only those citizens knowledgeable enough about energy to pass his Energy Quiz will be selected to present their reports to him.

Energy Games – Try out the “Watt’s That?” quiz game, or have a go at wordfinds, crossword puzzles, connect the dots, and other great games that are all about energy.

Questacon Virtual Roller Coaster - Try your hand at building your own roller coaster. Watch out though, or you might be in for a crash landing!

Funderstanding Roller Coaster - You can control hill height, sped, loop size, and even gravity in this fun interactive.

Physics Life - explore the physics around you by exploring the Physics Life City.

You have until December 18th to finish this blog assignment.

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Garrett

9 comments:

  1. I learned that ferinhight was invented in I think 1742. I visited the rollar coaster site, the Physcis life, and Energy Games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnes Levers are a very simple way of reducing the amount of force or effort needed to move an object. I visited the roller coaster thingy, the Physics Life, and the games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that you need friction for a lot of things. I visited the Funderstanding roller coaster, the Physics Life, and the energy games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned Charles Babbage was the inventor of the computer. I visited Questacon Virtual Roller Coaster, Funderstanding Roller Coasters, and the Physics Life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned that gravity is needed in a roller coaster. I visited Virtual roller coaster, Physics life, and Energy games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the roller coastar you have to know a lot about physics. The gravity and friction are the most important, and the hill plasement to.I visited Virtual Roller Costar, Physics Life and Funderstanding Roller Coster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learn that when you throw a frisbee it flies similer to a plane i went to physics life games and puzzels and questacon virtual rollercoster

    ReplyDelete
  8. you need to know LOT OF MATH FOR THE COASTER
    i visted physics life, funderstanding roller, and puzzal

    ReplyDelete